Cape Town FIFA Fan Fest is gonna be a banger!
We all know that Cape Town has got a vibe to be reckoned with… so trust Cape Town to be putting together a FIFA Fan Fest that is surely gonna blow the socks off just about any FIFA Fan Fest in the country, when you read what's going down…
The Cape Town FIFA Fan Fest is going to be rocking on down on Grand Parade, yes right in front of City Hall and next to South Africa's oldest building, The Castle which was Jan Van Riebeeck's pad when he rocked up on the shores of the Cape of Good Hope, where he tjooned a few hottentots "Jou Ma! Hoe lyk it my bra's!?!" So its got a fair amount of history, but also one of the greatest parts of its history is this is the very place where Nelson Mandela stood on the balcony on the day of his release in February 1990, where he addressed the nation as a free man after 27 years in prison. Now if you remember how many people were there that day, you know they aren't gonna have much trouble fitting a maximum of 25 000 people in the area thats for sure.
The vibe kicks off at 11am and doesn't stop all the way through to 11pm with free entrance on match days. Just in case you are wondering its only 2.6km (just over 1.5 miles) from Green Point Stadium.
So enough of the technical mambo jumbo… this is what you can expect when you get those butt cheeks down there….
There is gonna be a massive line up of entertainment to ensure that everybody gets stuck right into the FIFA World Cup Experience. On match days, all the FIFA World Cup Matches happening around the country on that day will be broadcast live on a monster size 74sqm screen. Just when you thought you'd take a breather between games, they are gonna keep the vibe right up there by banging on some live local talent such as….wait for it….. GOLDFISH… along with, Freshly Ground, K'naan, Gang of Instruments plus loads of local DJ's, marimba bands and other emerging talent.
With well over 100 performances, there are going to me loads more attractions at the Cape Town FIFA Fan Fest such as arts and Craft stalls, food and beverage stands for refueling, as well as activity zones with 5 a side footy pitches, not to mention, group match viewing experiences inside the historic city hall itself.
For more info including the programme, check out www.capetownfifafanfest.com
The Themed Days sound like they are gonna be quite interesting, check them out on the website.
If you aren't lucky enough to be going, tjoon your mates, aswell as your pasty English mates at work who many of them are no doubt going to be making the trip over there in 16 days time for a bit of a tanning session.
I'd actually just like to point out that I'm pretty bummed I'm not gonna be there now
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- New Footage Of Japanese Tsunami… From Inside A Car!
- If You Missed The SA National Anthem on Saturday… Watch this
- Shit South Africans Say [VIDEO]
- Simba seems to follow Walkers with weird flavours
- EPIC Streaking FAIL!
- Just Lapping Up My 15mins of Fame…
- WHAT NOW Release Official “Move On” Video… It’s Too Hot!
- Keep Calm Yes It’s Snowing
- iPad HD / iPad 3 Apple Announcement
- Sainsbury’s Do Customer Service Like A BOSS