Cape Town Skateboarder Sets Off Speed Camera… Busted…
A few days ago a video of a Cape Town Skateboarder setting off a speed camera down Kloof Nek went viral on Youtube. I guess it’s not really known what speed he was actually doing on his longboard, but its safe to say it was over 60kph since he got flashed by the camera…as expected, the cops were a bit bleek about it…
Check the video out…
Pretty impressive… good track too, but seriously, if you can’t top Jeb Corliss’ Grinding The Crack, then it just makes the song seem slightly, already used
I’m a bit in two minds about the whole thing to be honest, yes fair enough, I give the oke credit for having a decent pair of balls and the skills, but brains… not so much.
A side of me looks at the reality of how bad this could have gone, the oke is doing over 60kph through a built up area with countless concealed entrances, side roads and pretty much a dense bit of world going on there. Whether you agree or not, boards are not exactly fitted with gleaming disc brakes with real stopping power at high-speed, ja fair enough he looked like he could slow down reasonably quickly with a few slides that he seemed to be able to prepare for, but I’m not convinced he’d be able to stop very quickly with split second notice. Speaking from experience of being in a bike accident myself, I’m pretty aware of how quickly things can change. Lets just say people in cars pulling out have a bad enough time spotting oncoming motorcyclists (with headlights on) and cyclists… let alone a dude on a skateboard flying down the road at not normally heard of speeds in a built up area. In those cases its safe to say he would endangered himself… but what do you think would happen when an oke on a skateboard is doing over 60kph hits a pedestrian that took a quick look for cars before darting across the road not noticing someone on a skateboard flying up towards them… I’d say there’s a good chance both wouldn’t make it…
Naturally the kerels weren’t too impressed and have since got hold of the oke, which by the looks of things, isn’t going to end well for him.
Quoted from the Cape Times…
“He (Dec’lo Lourenco) will be charged with reckless endangerment and he will not be given the option of a fine. The case will be opened with the police and we will ask the director of public prosecutions to prosecute.”
Lourenco did not want to comment.
I’m exactly sure how they found out who he was however clearly not to I.T. minded since we all know that authorities have on many occasions managed to track down people who’ve uploaded videos through their IP Addresses…. you might remember the motorcyclist doing over 300kph… ja, that’s exactly how they got that oke.
I’d say that uploading a video on Youtube of you breaking the speed limit by getting bust by a camera for evidence is as dumb as uploading a video of you speeding with your speedo on display whilst showing that you’re on a public road… it’s just not very clever
Guess the glory came to a sudden halt as soon as the cops started knocking on the door… eish!
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- Marky Mark has Gone Fishing…
- Why you should ALWAYS find out why the previous tenants “left”…
- This Hot Chick REALLY Wants To “See The World With SPAR”
- Sowetan Bring and Braai
- Great White Shark Gets Through Cage During Shark Cage Dive [video]
- An Evening With Jacques Kallis and Mark Boucher
- PharSide.co.uk wins Best OverSeas Blog at the SA Blog Awards 2010 in Cape Town
- So What’s The Deal With KONY 2012
- What Has Happened To Steers?
- Fenton The Dog… You Will Not Be Able To Stop Laughing At This