SA Inflation Illustrated – Summer 2012 Edition [infographic]
Ever wondered how expensive South Africa really has become? Check out this illustrated comparison on items from 2002 and 2012… hectic!
You know, you've got to laugh, whenever someone returns from a holiday in South Africa, one topic of conversation will no doubt be of how expensive its got, and without fail the entire view of the economic situation in South Africa will be based on the current price of a Steers Burger… I shit you not, I've heard it a million times. I remember the days of jolling at PharSide (the club) and 54, paying a measly R6 for a Klippies and Coke… these days, you're probably paying that by the sip… hey I don't waste time when I dop, I gulp
Anyway, The Phreak sent me this a few days ago and my boy Savage posted it yesterday which reminded me to let you all in on whats going on… I'm sure you'll be unsurprised to be in for a bit of a shocker…
The following was published in Finweek (www.fintalk.co.za) a couple weeks ago and would you believe it, I'll give you one guess at what they opened the article up with… Well the price of a Steers burger of course
Take a look at this, I chopped it up a bit so its easier to read… basically it illustrates the price of certain items in 2002 compared to what they are now in 2012… bit of an eye opener to say the least…
A bit nuts don't you think?…Next time you speak to a mate back in SA, ask them how much they pay for their internet connection and what they get for it… trust me, you WILL make them cry when you tell them what you get and for how much… trust me I know
Gone are the days where you rocked up at Durban airport with nothing but an empty bag and a bank card, where you filled it up with new clothes and stuff by the time you left to head back to London… nowadays you buy everything in London and bring bugger all back… true story
I have got a solution to this whole problem though… if Steers keep their prices of their burgers down, nobody would be any the wiser
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- Would you like a case of Spar-Letta Creme Soda?
- UK Customs seize 165kg’s of Heroin…..from Durban!
- So You Don’t Like The New Facebook Photo Layout…
- What The Paralympics Meant For Me… Do You Feel The Same?
- PA Secretary Job Available – Fugly Munters Need Not Apply
- ZA News – 5th December 2009
- What does The Old Spice Guy and Mel Gibson have in common?
- X Factor – Killing in the Name – You’ve got to see this!
- The Full Body Waxing Experience
- Cape Town FIFA Fan Fest is gonna be a banger!