SA Wicket Keeper Mark Boucher, Suffers Serious Eye Injury
The Proteas Wicket Keeper Mark Boucher has suffered a serious injury to his left eye after being hit by a bail…
Yesterday during a Pre-Test warm up match here in England against Somerset, South African Wicket Keeper, Mark Boucher suffered a blow to his eye by a bail flying off the stumps after Somerset's Gemaal Hussain was bowled out by leg-spinner Imran Tahir.
The injury itself is extremely severe as Mark has been left with a lacerated sclera (the white part of the eyeball). He was taken to hospital and was undergoing surgery at 6pm yesterday evening which we are currently awaiting updates on his condition. Doctors needed to check whether any damage was done to his retina which is the part of the eye that is used to see, so hopefully that is not the case.
The South Africa vs England Tests begin on the 19th July, I guess its safe to say that Mark won't be playing, although I'd also say that its really the least of our worries right now as far as Mark's vision is concerned, I just hope he's going to be fine.
Darren Scott from Ballz Radio spoke with Lerato Maleketu, the Proteas' Media Officer to find out what had happened and what was going to happen next.
Here's hoping Mark is going to pull through fine!!
Get well soon Mark!!!
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- Enter The Ginger – Die Antwoord Parody
- iPad 2 Is On Sale In South Africa Tomorrow!
- There’s Only One Place In London That You’ll be Able To Watch The Sharks vs The Stormers On Saturday
- Barry Hilton Is Coming To London In July!… WIN Tickets Now!
- “Please Stalk Me When You Get Out Of Prison!”
- Random Girl Asks Chad Le Clos To Be Her Matric Dance Date… Chad Says Yes…
- Just a couple of facts about Megan Fox… nothing serious :)
- Sharks May Play Crusaders at Twickenham in Super Rugby Clash!
- New Ford Courier Drifter 5 Tonner Bakkie spotted!
- Gareth Cliff Will Be On Disney’s Phineas and Ferb This Saturday – UPDATED