Twitter Frenzy in SA Causes Hijacking Fail
SA Twitter went into a frenzy on Saturday that helped save a man that had been hijacked and stuffed in the boot of his Golf… howz this for an exampe of the awesome power of social media…
An oke was hijacked in his Golf in Honeydew, Johannesburg on Saturday and was stuffed in the boot by the hijackers however thanks to him still having his cellphone on him he managed to sms his girlfriend who took to Twitter by tweeting “Be on the look for DSS041GP, my boyfriend has just been hijacked and is in the boot please RT" shortly after a friend, @Tanisha_Reddy called out to the legend that is @Pigspotter who lent a helping hand by retweeting her tweet to his 100K + followers, like a boss!
Shortly after, this got private security firms such as Afritrack, Riga Rescue and K9 Law Enforcement on the case, who eventually managed to start tracking the location of his cellphone through his cellphone number (good thinking!)
Within two hours of the first tweet hitting Twitter the hijackers drove straight into a road block set up by the cops 250km's from Honeydew on the N1 in the Free State near Ventersberg, however these wastes of space did manage to flee the scene on foot but luckily the victim was found in the boot unharmed, just quite obviously a bit shaken up by the ordeal.
I'd say thats great work by all involved if it wasn't for the crucial input by those involved, its doubtful this would have had a happy ending… so huge well done to all!
It's just a bit kak that they got away and didn't get fully owned…
I'd say thats an epic win for social media!
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- Joe Cools London opens in just 2 days! It’s gonna be insane!
- Movember Comes To A Smooth End
- There’s A Certain Pair Of Fishies Dropping In… Oh Yes! It’s GoldFish Baby!
- Get A Pic With Marky In Scotland This Weekend And Win Yourself £100
- Two And A Half Men Making Big Waves On Britain’s Got Talent
- This Is Possibly One Of The Worst Tattoos You’ll Ever See
- Watch The Oscar Pistorius Carte Blanche Special [video]
- Ballz Radio Interviews Joost Van Der Westhuizen… His First Media Appearance In A Long Time [video]
- The Pirelli 2010 Calendar… EISH!
- Marky Mark Jumps Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban