Create a chocolate explosion by combining brownies and smarties into one soft, chewy cookie! Your kids will absolutely love getting messy making these!
This is a big party batch but you can easily divide everything in half for a smaller amount. This batch makes approximately 24 large or 48 medium sized chocolate cookies.Ingredients:450g softened butter140g white sugar140g brown/demerera sugar2 eggs, slightly beaten4 tsp vanilla extract450g plain flour100g wholemeal flour *50g dark cocoa powder1/2 tsp salt600g Smarties80g good quality milk chocolate80g good quality dark chocolate*The wholemeal flour gives a slightly nutty flavour/texture. If you don't have any or don't wish to use it, simply replace with plain flour.Method:
- Cream butter and sugar
- whisk in eggs and vanilla extract
- melt the dark and milk chocolate together then add to mixture and stir through.
- Combine sieved flour, cocoa powder and Smarties then stir into mixture slowly until it forms a dough.
Stir Smarties, flour and cocoa together.
- Once all ingredients are combined, put in tuppaware, seal and place in fridge for at least an hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll balls of dough and press down onto lined baking trays. Allow plenty of space between each cookie.
Roll dough into evenly sized balls and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Remember, cookies will still be soft until cooled so to prevent them from breaking, it's best to leave them until completely cooled before moving them.
Don't forget to follow us on Pinterest!
They're addictive! Don't say we didn't warn you!