Jack Parow is cooler as ekke
For a little while now I've seen Jack Parow and his song "Cooler as ekke" popping up all the time. So I decided to find out a bit about this dude and his seriously catchy tune that is now playing over and over in my head.
I first noticed Jack on 2OceansVibe a little while ago where he did "Cooler as ekke" in the back of a taxi for Taxi Jam (awesome idea btw, check it out) and my initial thoughts were, its rap, its afrikaans and its relative, how the hell did this oke get this mix right and make it sound frickin good at the same time? It's brilliant and if you actually listen to his hilarious lyrics you'll find yourself smiling the whole way through the song because we can all relate to everything he says
Jack from Belleville near Cape Town, got his name when he was a little tipsy one night, as most people are when they come up with highly enlightening thoughts, he was watching Pirates of the Caribbean and just somer tjooned, " fuck Jack Sparrow the pirate of the Caribbean, I’m Jack Parow the pirate of the caravan park". Apparently he was pretty stoked that he remembered it the next day because as you now know, the name stuck.
He started messing around rapping in 2000 just for shits and giggles but rapped in english up until 2004. One day he rapped about getting mugged, but did it in afrikaans which made him realise it actually sounded pretty schweet and he couldn't understand why he'd never done it before, so it was from then that he started rapping in afrikaans. He's influenced a lot by boozed people because of the shit they come up with and thinks that drunken conversations are the best thing ever. (don't worry Jack, me too) I reckon it would be pretty schweet to interview Jack Parow over a few bottles of Klippies, I'd just have to remember to take a tape recorder though cause EISH!
This oke seriously has a good thing going here, especially with the release of Cooler as Ekke which like I said, after a few listens you'll find it popping up in your head all the time, even if you don't understand a word of Afrikaans… so you'll even find all the Durban North locals will be busting to it in their heads
Rumour has it that Parys Potgieter is his number 1 fan
Check out the video for Cooler as Ekke below
"Jy's die ou met die new fresh look, ek's die ou met die Pep stores broek!" Love it! haha
One thing that seriously made me laugh in the video was, check at 1:45, my ma used to have an ornament dog exactly like that in our lounge
Jack, ek schmaak it bra! dis Poes lekker!
Check out his MySpace here
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- The Southfields Plaza… Bringing a touch of history back to Southfields
- Do what Jaime Pressly tells you…Clean Your Balls
- It’s Here! GoldFish Release Music Video For “Washing Over Me”
- Just a couple of facts about Megan Fox… nothing serious :)
- The PharSide South African Road Trip – Day 2
- Woman Vandalizes Boyfriend’s Car… Because of Pippa Middleton’s Bum!
- Facebook Panties For Chicks
- This Is How Danger Boy Roles… Win VIP Tickets to the 2010 SA Reunion in London
- Filling In Your Income Tax Return… LIKE A BOSS!
- The Cookie Monster Does “Share It Maybe” [video]