Fancy a little trip to Ireland this weekend to see the Boks?
The Springbok squad has been selected for what appears to be the strongest selection of players in many years, this weekend will see the first test against Ireland at the brand spanking new Landsdowne Road Aviva Stadium.
This Currie Cup season has seen exceptional Rugby played by a new breed of exceptional players, climaxing with the final this last weekend with the Natal Sharks crowned 2010 Champions and Western Province left to wait yet another year to have a crack at it. Along with this came a Springbok selection that is possibly the best selection we have seen for many years now, and I'm not just saying that because there's nine Sharkies in the squad, I'm saying that because I seriously think this Grand Slam Tour is going to make a few nations slightly nervous since RWC New Zealand 2011 is just short of a year away which gives these boys time to tighten.
Check out the this awesome touring squad!
(in alphabetical order. * Indicates new cap):
Gio Aplon (Vodacom Western Province); Age: 28; Test caps: 9
Bjorn Basson (Vodacom Blue Bulls); 23, 2
Juan de Jongh (Vodacom Western Province); 22, 6 - withdrawn because of injury
Jean de Villiers (Vodacom Western Province); 29, 63
Francois Hougaard (Vodacom Blue Bulls); 22, 5
Bryan Habana (Vodacom Western Province); 27, 66
* Elton Jantjies (Xerox Golden Lions); 20, 0
Ricky Januarie (Vodacom Western Province); 28, 47 – withdrawn because of injury
* Patrick Lambie (The Sharks); 20, 0
* Lwazi Mvovo (The Sharks); 24, 0
Ruan Pienaar (Ulster, N Ireland); 26, 43
Frans Steyn (Racing Metro, France); 23, 39
Morne Steyn (Vodacom Blue Bulls); 26, 21
* Willem Alberts (The Sharks); Age: 26, Test caps: 0
Bakkies Botha (Vodacom Blue Bulls); 31, 68
Schalk Burger (Vodacom Western Province); 27, 63 - withdrawn because of injury
* Keegan Daniel (The Sharks); 25, 0
Bismarck du Plessis (The Sharks); 26, 32
Jannie du Plessis (The Sharks); 28, 20
Alistair Hargreaves (The Sharks); 24, 2
Ryan Kankowski (The Sharks); 25, 16
Victor Matfield (captain, Vodacom Blue Bulls); 33, 101
Tendai Mtawarira (The Sharks); 25, 22
* Coenie Oosthuizen (Vodacom Cheetahs); 21, 0
Chiliboy Ralepelle (Vodacom Blue Bulls); 24, 17
Juan Smith (Vodacom Cheetahs); 29, 65
Pierre Spies (Vodacom Blue Bulls); 25, 37
Adriaan Strauss (Vodacom Cheetahs); 24, 7
CJ van der Linde (Vodacom Cheetahs); 30, 65
Flip van der Merwe (Vodacom Blue Bulls); 25, 6
Recently added, Deon Stegmann and Zane Kirchner of the Blue Bulls replacing injured Western Province players.
The Boks are up against Ireland this weekend which is a team not to be under estimated so we are definitely in for quite a showdown at the Ireland's 50 000 capacity Aviva Stadium in Dublin.
Now, what if I told you I've had a little chat to a few people and organised the best tickets in the stadium, Category 1 tickets for €105 each for those of you who would be keen to have a little weekend away in Dublin. That's just £90 a ticket at the time of writing this. Make a little road trip out of it or take a short flight over whichever floats your boat and maybe you can even make a swing past the Guinness Museum
In order to get your tickets or find out more, just call +44 (0)1727 792800 any time from 9am to 6pm to purchase and your tickets will be send on next day delivery.
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- Happy Freedom Day South Africa!
- London Is Hotter Than Cape Town… No Jokes!
- Ballz Radio is BOSS!
- No talk of a new iPhone 4G as yet….Just the iPad
- Aussie banker caught scoping out pics of Miranda Kerr live on TV
- I get the Stekkies (you get the bats)
- Faithless are Insomniac Gods of DJ’s and still going strong!
- Easy Way To Learn The South African National Anthem
- Ref Cam… View Super Rugby As The Ref Sees It… Like We’ve Never Seen Before
- PharSide LIVE – Sunday 1st August