John Smit Has Signed To Play For The Saracens
Yes, you read that correctly, Springbok Captain John Smit has signed an 18 month deal to play for UK Premiership Rugby side, The Saracens here in London
There was speculation yesterday on News 24 that my boy blue, John Smit would be playing for UK premiership side, The Saracens, however since then it appears to now be signed, sealed and delivered…. although not officially expected to be confirmed before the end of the Sharks Super 15 Season.
In my opinion and I'm sure many of yours, the greatest rugby captain of all time, is expected to join the Saracens camp in November just after the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand, where I guess we're all blerrie holding thumbs that John's international career can go out with a huge bang by holding up the Webb Ellis Trophy one more time, which as you know would be the second time John will lift it as captain of the Boks.
I guess it goes without saying that John would feel right at home playing for the Sarries along with their strong home grown South African power punch with the likes of Brad Barritt; Deon Carstens; Schalk Britz, Derick Hougaard, Matt Stevens (blerrie Kearsney okes hey )… the list goes on. Eish! imagine they got Butchy Boy over from Bath aswell
I'm pretty stoked and I'm sure the Sarries are also pretty damn stoked to have such a legend joining the side, not to mention I'm sure John is also looking forward to the new venture.
John, call me when you're here, we need to have a dop
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- A Message From Parys Potgieter to The Sharks
- I get the Stekkies (you get the bats)
- Pablo Francisco Live at The Troxy, London
- Nando’s Presents… Last Dictator Standing Ad
- What The Paralympics Meant For Me… Do You Feel The Same?
- Award Winning Smash Hit, ‘Mies Julie’ Is Coming To London
- Naas Botha Speaks A lot Of Sense On Saturday’s Game – Springboks vs New Zealand
- Jacob Zuma Spear Painting Defaced – Full News Video
- Are You Aware Of The Importance Of This Day In South Africa’s History?
- You know you are flying SAA when….