Cheeky White Hart gets Owned!
So it turns out that a Wimbledon bar known as The White Hart down on the Kingston Rd / Hartfield Rd junction thought it would “cash in” on the saffa population in the area without quite thinking it through correctly…
The Phreak sent me this newspaper clipping she cut out of one of the SA Newspapers here in London which struck up a bit of confusion…
The confusion rose where that same day our good friends over at VDP Group namely our main man, Guy Van Der Post, who is behind many well known clubs all over South Africa, one being Joe Cool’s itself, sent out a message to the members of the Clapham Grand Facebook group advising that he would be opening a Joe Cool’s here in London at the venue previously known as Zulu’s in Fulham. I contacted Guy and expressed my concern. As it turns out, Guy was already well aware of The White Hart’s intentions and had subsequently had his lawyers put the The White Hart’s management up against a wall. In the end The White Hart backed down and accepted defeat on the matter, but not before sending out a city-wide advert in a prominent SA Newspaper advertising their “Grand Opening”.
Bit cheeky of them to give it a go and turn out red faced, but whats even more cheeky is they actually stole the logo for their ad straight off the Joe Cool’s website…EISH! check here
All I can say is, White Hart……that was a FAIL!
(more info to come on the real Joe’s opening in Fulham in November so keep an eye out)
- Marky Warren
- The Full “Know Your DA” Video Is A Must See… Watch It Now [video]
- Drunk Ranger Charges Elephant Bull Video… Ranger Admits To Idiotic Act
- John Smit Plays His Final Rugby Game In London Tonight – Ticket Info
- The Rugby Panel #19 – Desperate Times
- Commander Chris Hadfield Records Space Oddity From the International Space Station [video]
- Marky Gets Interviewed On Guy Breakfast On Good Hope FM
- Thieves Blow Up Cash Machine… In A Petrol Station…[video]
- Ballistic B.J. Baldwin Shunts Monster Truck Through Desert At 150mph [video]
- Pole Smashes Through Bus Windscreen, Just Misses Driver… HECTIC! [video]
- UK Man Killed During Fight After Rugby Game At Kings Park, Durban
- Faithless are Insomniac Gods of DJ’s and still going strong!
- Nando’s does it again with a little pop at Jackie Selebi
- Snow Expected In Durban On Sunday!
- Durban turns into a 4×4 playground
- An Evening With Joost Van Der Westhuizen In London
- Driver Passed Out At The Wheel In Pinetown… Beer In Hand… [video]
- Friday Time Bandits!
- Abercrombie and Fitch Guys Do “Call Me Maybe”
- A Little Something For You Girls
- The “Injustice” of Bar Sia in Wimbledon